Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TRANSFERS. . . AGAIN!!

Dear Family,
Yes, I'm getting transferred to Fredericton, New Brunswick...but you'll have to read the rest of the letter first!!

Last week things started to warm up and we even got into the positive digits...with RAIN!!  We had exchanges with the Zone leaders this week and I really enjoyed working with Elder Roberts.  We are a lot alike and we had a lot of success!  We taught a family from the middle east and picked them up as new investigators.  We also did some street contacting and got some great potentials and referrals...and had a blast doing it!!

During district training on Tuesday I had everyone say "one thing you'll miss about Elder & Sister Tibbitts" who are returning home next week.  The meeting was very spiritual and meaningful.  They have become like a mom and dad to me out here.  It's sad to see them go, but it's nice that they live in Alpine, Utah...so I'll be able to see them when I'm at BYU!

On Wednesday temperatures plummeted again!  Oh well. . . we met with a couple (investigators) and went over the Stop Smoking plan, and they are excited to start it!  I hope it is successful for them!!  And THEN...later in the day...through a series of blessings, we were able to pick up as investigators a new FAMILY...eight children, plus mom (and dad, who is out of the country on business.)  I was especially excited to find out they are from Burundi, where Elder Nzojibwami is from, and we had a lot to talk about.  They are very interested to learn about the church, and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for them!!

Thursday was good, too.  We got a new investigator from some referrals from the sisters.  This guy knew absolutely nothing about God, so we had to start from the very beginning, which was different for us.  But it was really good.  Also, in the evening we held our first scripture study group.  It was like the first one in Houlton...where only a few people show up...but then word spreads about how good it is and it starts to catch on.  I hope the same thing happens here in Summerside!

Friday we had a great lesson with one of our investigators and he committed to February 22nd for his baptismal date!  He's a great guy and the gospel will be such a blessing to him!

Saturday we had a Skype call with the zone for some training, then later we went to an appointment...that fell through...but was walked down the road to another referral who was very interested in meeting with us and we have now picked him up as an investigator.  That brings our current teaching pool up to 20 investigators.  This is by far the most I've ever had all at one time since I've been on my mission!  We also got to watch via Skype a baptism of one of Elder Urick's former investigators.  That was pretty cool, even though it took FIVE times to have it by total immersion.  And in the evening we taught our Burundi family again.  One of the things I'm learning on my mission, and re-learning on my mission, is that I can't do this work without God.  I really need His help and I have to make sure that I'm giving Him the adequate environment for Him to touch their hearts.

And then it was SUNDAY...and transfer emails came...and I've been asked to transfer to Fredericton, New Brunswick, serving with Elder Wolsey, as zone leaders.  I'm really excited about the transfer!  
And Church went really well...Jaimi Adams came to church for the first time and really enjoyed it...he's going to do great things in the branch one day!  Later, we visited Jean Costain...and I said goodbye to this sweet lady I've grown to love.  It was pretty sad.
Later we had dinner at the Meister's...he gave us the full tour of their Bed and Breakfast, and it's really nice!  We also visited with Gary and Paula, and went over the last of the Stop Smoking program and they are very committed to doing it!  That will be great because it will help them draw even closer to the Spirit.  And then the evening was topped off by watching the CES Devotional with all the missionaries here.  Tad R. Callister of the Presidency of the Seventy spoke and his talk was a pure answer to our prayers.  That talk will help so much in what we are doing out here.  He spoke of the blueprint of Christ's church and how clear it really is.  It was really such a bless to hear that tonight!

Well, the next time you hear from me I'll be living in New Brunswick.  So I will have served in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick.  Who knows, maybe I'll even make it to Newfoundland!!  I hope you're all doing good.  I think about you a lot...but not too much!  :)

Love,
Elder Hunt

(I'm excited to write Elder Hunt and let him know his 4th great grandfather, John Pack, who entered the Salt Lake Valley with Brigham Young, was from Fredericton, New Brunswick!!  Small world!!)















No comments:

Post a Comment