Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Some Days Are Just Rough!!

Hi Family!
How does 3 degrees sound...without windchill added in?  Well, that's what it was...-16 degrees celsius = 3 degrees Fahrenheit.  It takes awhile to get the car de-iced, and ready to go!


My companion, Elder Davidson, has been sick most
of the week, so we haven't gotten out much.  One of the days he was doing really bad, so we stayed in all day.  He slept and I watched some Doctrine and Covenants videos, cooked some different things like chicken/potato casserole, and chicken and rice stew.  I was going to make some banana bread, too, but was kinda burnt-out after already cooking for a couple of hours.

I'm really learning a lot from the Doctrine and Covenants.  I don't like staying in, but it gives me a chance to really study and learn.

We've had some more snow so when Elder Davidson was finally feeling a bit better we started off by shoveling snow early in the morning.  We shoveled it for a few members' homes.  It's kind of like shoveling sand or hay cubes...but not quite as hard, so I was fine.  But it really took a lot out of Elder Davidson.

I've had some pretty tough days this week, missing Denzel, home, so many different things.  I know these feelings won't last.  It's just hard when they come.  (Being cooped up in the apartment for a week can make anyone feel a bit out of kilter!!  Hope things get better for Elder Davidson AND Elder Hunt soon!! *_* )

We have a new investigator who is 25 year's old and he's really a nice guy.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for him.  We've also been working with some of the less-active members in our ward, as well as continuing to teach our other investigator, who I have really grown to love.  He is trying to work through things with his girlfriend.  He wants to be baptized, but wants to do it together with her.  So, I guess we'll see what happens.

I love you all so much.  I miss you, too!

Love,
Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment