Monday, January 7, 2013

Bi-Polar Weather...and Days!


Greetings from the Land of Climate Contradictions!!


And that is no understatement!  One minute there are white-out conditions, and not even 15 minutes later there are blue skies and we’re shedding our coats.  Gotta love Nova Scotia!


New Year’s Eve I got a package from home that was supposed to get here for Christmas.  I got a big box of Goldfish, and Elder Davidson got a scarf. 

Best presents ever!  

Also got a package from Hans, Amelia & Dezmond…a bunch of ties and chocolate in it!!  I’m really grateful for the ties!  





New Year’s Eve night was pretty sad as we went to bed at 10:30…so we could get up at 6:30 in the new year!



We’ve had some really good days and some not so thrilling days, too.  New Years Day was an amazing day…got four referrals and had a great lesson with a new investigator.  Mike and his girlfriend are really interested and are understanding what we’re teaching them.  The spirit has been there so strong and it has been amazing to get to teach them.


Wednesday was a rough day…with the wind chill factor it was around -13o F.  We used a golf ball to knock on the doors because with our gloves on people couldn’t hear us knock on the door.  Not a single person let us in all day.  We were able to briefly talk to a few, but even when we did that, it was really hard to say anything at all.  Our faces and mouths had become so numb and frozen that we could barely talk when we had to.  (I tried to tell Elder Hunt about this when I had been there my first winter…but I don’t think he believed me…NOW he does!)  The nice thing is when we get back to our apartment I throw on some warm rugby gear and eat greek yogurt...best combo in the world...Been eating really healthy too...whole grain everything, protein, vitamins, yogurts, etc.  Good stuff!  (I know I sound like Kristy...but it's just the truth!)





Whole grain seaweed???


I got to go on splits with Elder Sloan, who is my district leader.  It was really cool because we have both been in the same area for the past five months.  We get along really well and it was fun to work together.  The weather was bi-polar again!  The typical Nova Scotia saying is: 
 "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes."



Yesterday was a great Fast Sunday.  I’m to the point now where I actually look forward to fasting.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my food…but I look forward to how much it strengthens my testimony each time I fast with a purpose, and the blessings that come from it as well.  I had fasted for Mike, our investigator.  He was really excited about coming to church, but he never showed.  Turns out he has pneumonia.  We are hoping and praying that he gets well quickly and look forward to teaching him more.

Well, I guess that’s about all for this week.  The church is true.  It’s great to be out here.  I love serving the Lord.  Thanks for all of your love and support!

Love,
Elder Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment