Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Borders and beyond!

Dear Family, 

Our area is so close to the Canadian border that we are travelling across it several times during the week. It's pretty awesome, even when it takes nearly two hours to cross due to Easter weekend!

We've been doing a LOT of walking since we're basically out of our allotted kilometers with our car.  These are NOT my missionary shoes, but it kind of shows how much of a beating my shoes have taken.  These are my running shoes that I've had for about 3 years.  It was definitely time to get new ones!


Not a wreck. . . just some help getting our car started!


We had our zone training meeting on Saturday in Fredericton, New Brunswick.  It was great to see all of the missionaries.  Elder Thompson is back from Newfoundland and is in my zone again.  Zone Leader Elder Clark gave an incredible training, and I always love the inspiration I receive from these meetings.

On our way back to Houlton, we stopped in Nackowic, home of the World's Largest Axe.
 
We are meeting with several different people.  Flow continues to learn more about the gospel.  She wants to be open with her family about her being baptized before she gets confirmed.  We had a great lesson with her this week, and it taught me a lot about myself as well.  

We have been able to meet with some less active people in our branch, and some of their friends, too.  We have some investigators we are working with and one that committed to be baptized when she receives an answer that the things we are teaching are true.

The people in our branch our so good to us.  One member took us grocery shopping when we were out of money for the month; others have taken us out to dinner, or had us over for dinner.  We are very blessed!!

And then, of course, SOME people send me things like THIS!!  Yes, I received a Utah rugby shirt from the Madsens.  I'm not going to lie, it looks pretty good, and feel great...but I still hold true to my blue BYU blood!!

Well, that's all for now.  I love you all!!  Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment