Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MISSIONARY WORK WORKS YOU!!!

Dear Family,
Missionaries work hard.  End of story.  Sometimes it feels like I write the same things…but wait, we DO the same things!!  It was another week of preparing for Zone Training, traveling to Zone Training, giving the Zone Training (that actually went very well!), and then driving back and getting to work.  Is it any wonder that I feel exhausted a lot of the time??  However, there really is some amazing stuff that is going on and it’s great to be a part of the Lord’s work and see how He directs it.
Tuesday afternoon we met a woman named Sandra.  She had recently lost a granddaughter, who had ended her life at the age of 25.  I was able to explain to Sandra about my experience with Denzel and she didn’t think it was any coincidence that we met.  It was a cool experience to be able to relate so well to someone because of having been through such a difficult experience. 
On Wednesday we worked in Woodstock all day.  I REALLY like this area.  We walked around downtown and talked to a lot of people.  We crossed paths with a guy named Tim, who “just happened” to decide to sit outside for some reason.  He normally always sits inside.  Funny how different things happen.  We taught Tim about the Restoration, and it went really well.  The spirit was felt so strongly.  We have added him as an investigator, and Tim also has a friend who wants to learn more about the gospel. 
Later in the evening we taught Violet and some of her friends on their porch again.  We had dinner at the Seaboyers, and then held our scripture study class in Woodstock.  This week’s question was “How do I repent?”  and it went great, just like last week.  Doing these scripture studies is one of the highlights of my mission.  After that we met with Troy and taught him the Plan of Salvation.  He’s doing well and progressing.  But I was totally exhausted after all the work we did on Wednesday.
On Thursday we helped the Anderson’s move and stacked two cords of wood.  That took quite a while, but we like stacking wood.  Afterwards, Bro. Anderson took us to lunch and told us all kinds of war stories.  In the evening we held a scripture study class in Houlton.  We had quite a few people at this one and it went so good!  The branch has been so good to me and I don’t want to leave anytime soon!
Had an interesting experience this week with a minister of another denomination.  I was so surprised when he told us that he doesn’t agree with or believe in all the things he teaches, but he teaches it because that’s what he’s told to do.   On Sunday we went to his church service, at his invitation, and felt “nothing” there.  It’s hard to describe.  I couldn’t feel the Spirit there whatsoever, and it was a very different experience for me.  After that we went to our church services.  When we walked into the chapel, I could FEEL the Spirit, and knew that’s what made the difference. 
During Sacrament meeting, I accompanied Addie Carter for a musical number.  We performed “You’re Not Alone” by Michael McClain; she sang and I played the piano.  That went really well, considering I had one day’s notice.
The rest of the day we walked in the rain and contacted people!  All of the colors are changing now and Fall is my favorite time of year…especially out here.  The colors are incredible and line the countryside because there are so many trees.
Such a beautiful place where I get to serve as a missionary.
The computers haven’t been working too hot at the library the past couple of weeks, so hopefully things will improve by Monday.  I sure miss everyone.  It was cool to see the new carpeting you put in the house.  I miss our house, too!!  Jaida looks like such a cool dog!  I can hardly wait to meet her!
Bye for now.
Love,
Elder Hunt

 

No comments:

Post a Comment