Tuesday, October 1, 2013

THE WEEK AT A GLANCE!!

Hi Family,

This is going to be pretty brief, but I'll do my best:

Monday -- Got the apartment cleaned up for the ZL's were coming in the evening...but turns out they didn't because of a problem at the border...oh, and there was a  husband and wife murdered in their house here.  Pretty disturbing for this small town.  But they did catch the guy.  (And we had dinner with the Wilkinsons...another fun, adventurous night!)

Tuesday -- I worked with Elder Campbell (ZL) all day which was a lot of fun.  We got along great.  While we were out we ran into some hunters who had shot a big moose earlier in the morning.  It was huge!!

Wednesday -- I was really sick to my stomach when I woke up.  But after awhile Bro Robertson picked us up and we went and did service sawing a few trees and hauling them down.  We worked in Woodstock for the day and the four lessons we had lined up all fell through for one reason or another.  Made for a long day.  But we had dinner with the Seaboyers and then had another great scripture class in Houlton.

Thursday -- We had our Skype interviews with President Leavitt and discussed things about the area, how long I've been here, transfers, etc.  It was really good to visit with him.  This evening we had another scripture study and there were about 12 people there.   The spirit is always so strong there.  Elder Skinner and I have way too much fun together.  It's been a huge blessing to serve together.

Friday -- We had weekly planning then had a lesson with Mike.  He's moving to Massachusetts pretty soon so we won't get to baptize him here, but he will be well-prepared for the missionaries there.  In the evening we were trying to think of finding ideas, since Houlton shuts down after 6:00 p.m.  We went to the high school where a varsity soccer game was being played.  We talked to some people there and it was a good place to find people!

Saturday -- This was a pretty rough day.  The work was rather slow, and I was having a lot of thoughts about Denzel, remembering his life, his funeral, the morning I found out he had died...there was so much.  I'll just say this was one of the hardest and saddest moments of my mission.  I have a firm testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...thank goodness, because a mission can be really hard!!

Sunday -- We had Fast Sunday due to General Conference next week...Mike was at Testimony Meeting, which was great.  THEN the rest of the day was spent walking for miles in this heat spell, while fasting...and it wasn't a great combo.  However, at the end of the day I got to call Linda Thompson and Sheila Jordan (converts from Eastern Passage area).  They are both doing really well and it has been a year since their baptism.  They are planning to go to the temple to receive their endowments and, hopefully, I'll be able to go when they do.  It's an incredible feeling to know they are doing so good and that it was someone I was able to help since being on my mission.  It's great!


The Fall colors are starting to come out and it's beautiful.  I love you all so much!  Sometimes I just miss being home, but I also know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Love,
Elder Hunt


1 comment: