Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"It's okay...this happens ALL of the time!!"

Dear Family,
So, I had a lovely experience this week...maybe Mom can figure out how to load the video...anyway, we were knocking on doors in this Crescent (circle, cul-de-sac, etc.), and we had knocked at nearly every door in extremely cold and icy conditions.  We had been slipping all day long so we were trying to be careful.  Well, a car with some teenagers pulled up in the driveway where we were standing.  I thought everything would be fine because I was just standing there.  I wasn't worried at all.  Two girls and a guy got out of the car and I started talking to them... then WHAM!!!  I ate it so hard on the ice!  Somehow my body slipped and I hit hard on my side and hand.  I didn't really know what to say, because the three teenagers AND Elder Wolsey were trying so hard not to laugh.  So I just said, "Don't worry...this happens all the time..."  Talk about super awkward!!  As we left I realized I was bleeding, so we had to go back and get cleaned up...probably the most hilarious and awkward moment of my mission life!!


On Thursday we got to go to Houlton for exchanges.  It was great working with Elder Skinner again.  We found a family with two kids and they have become new investigators.  When we had the closing prayer we all held hands, at the 4 year old daughters request.  She held my hand and stroked my fingers with her thumb...and it reminded me a lot of home and our family prayers.  We also had a lesson with a Jamaican lady who talked like the guys off of "Cool Runnings."  We also had dinner with the Marshalls, and it was so good to see them again.  We met with Janice afterwards and it was GREAT to see her again.  She's doing so well and is teaching primary.  It made me so happy to see her.  

Back in Fredericton, on Saturday we had dinner with the Seely's, and we had a blast!  She is learning to play the violin, and that was fun to see.  I never thought I'd be where I am today when I first started learning the violin.  I hope she keeps it up!

Elder Wolsey has never had coffee cake, so I made some for him!!!  He loved it!!


That's about all for now.  We do so much work as Zone Leaders that it's hard to find time to write and keep track of stuff.  Sorry!

Love,
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment