Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 9th, 2012


Hello Family!


Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving and we ate over at the Hatton's.  They're a really great family and it was fun being there.  





 So this week was pretty great. We were able to visit Peggy's Cove, a very big tourist attraction, but a very beautiful and amazing place. 
Also, there are quite a few motorcycles out here...I've had the pleasure of sitting on a bunch...(since we're not allowed to ride them...darn). 
Other than that though, the only exciting things happening pertain to General Conference this past weekend!  We are blessed to have been able to hear the words of an inspired Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and from divine Apostles. I really enjoyed General Conference. However, I managed to get some sort of food poisoning or something because I was vomiting literally every 25 minutes throughout conference Saturday.  I hate throwing up!  But I'm alive now and all is well.  (In an audio file, Elder Hunt said he makes sausage, eggs and toast every morning to serve his companion.  Yeah, I’d say that’s service!!  But it also might be where he got the food poisoning…*_*)


We were shocked as missionaries to hear the ages for young men being able to serve missions is now 18, and young women is now 19. It is such an exciting thing and really makes me so happy every time I think or talk about it! Much good will come of it and there will be many more young people serving.  (He also said, “A ton more girls will be serving now that they can come out at 19 years old.  Everybody should serve a mission.  It works wonders!!”  Love that he has discovered this fact already!!)

The picture book my mom gave to Sue Hampson when
serving her mission here 35 years ago!  Yes,
this is definitely a "ripple effect!"
 Well, first off, I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, I love it. I enjoyed many talks throughout conference, but will choose to focus on missionary work. Russel M. Nelson talked about how serving a mission will effect many generations down the line of your family. It will have ripple effects that we can't even imagine. Do we want our family to be rippled into the Gospel? I vote yes. He also talked about how our desire to serve a mission is based on how converted we truly are. If we don't desire to serve others...well, we need to try a little harder. J  Each person/missionary has unique gifts that allow only that specific person to help specific people in a way that no other person ever could. So, if you ever have any question pertaining to the Gospel, or really anything at all....
ASK THE MISSIONARIES!

David A. Bednar related one thing that I really liked. A testimony is essential, but conversion is what truly brings us to the point where we will never turn our back again on our Heavenly Father. We need to "go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded."  And that includes serving a mission!

I love you all, and hope to see more missionaries out in the field, as well as missionaries in your individual wards and lives.

Love,
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment