Monday, October 29, 2012

Another week in the mission field!!


Hello Everyone,

Well this week was somewhat uneventful and frustrating. Our car was crashed, before we got into our area, and so we had to take it into the shop. So we're out of a car for about 2 weeks. We've been car sharing with a couple other Elders, but it's really just hard to get around to our area and do much effective work because our area is very spread out, and takes about 2 hours on public transportation, just to get to a part of our area that normally is a 20 minute drive...So it's been interesting, but we're learning to adapt.

On Friday, we went out to the Hampson's (Sue and Bruce) and helped them put in some rocks for rock walls. The work isn't finished, but it's coming along! In the process of lifting and placing some big boulders, I dislocated my pinky...since it's happened before, I just snapped it back in and kept going...No need to make a big deal of it and go to the hospital...so yeah, that was fun, especially since I had to perform a musical number two days after that.




The musical number in church went very well. I played the violin, and Amelia Bruce played the Flute. Her aunt accompanied us on the piano, and we played "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." I thought it went really good and it was great to be able to play again! The dislocated pinky didn't bother me too much either (: (I'm trying to find a way to link the audio file I have from their duet.  It was nice, and Amelia Bruce's mom, their accompanist, did a good job, too!!)




Earlier this week we had the opportunity to go over to a member's home, and cast out evil spirits. Although I don't want to talk too much about it, it was an amazing thing as you could feel the Spirit come right back into the home following a priesthood blessing, and dedicating the house. Definitely an interesting and different experience though.



We were able to travel up to Kentville for zone training...It's beautiful up there! We stopped at a graveyard that looks like it's straight out of a movie...It was amazing and again the colors you see on the pictures are not doing justice to the actual colors we are seeing out here.

Other than that, not too much else going on right now...Stephanie is progressing and working towards her baptism date coming up in November! She is amazing and is already a missionary, spreading the Gospel to all of her co-workers, family, friends, and everyone she meets. I love seeing the spirit work in her and her desire to become better.
I love you all!
Love Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment