Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween and other happenings. . .

New mission attire???  Just Halloween in the Mission Field!!  
Elder Deems as Brigham Young (I thought he was Abe Lincoln!)
Elder Sloan as Superman, 
and Elder Hunt as the Newsie. . . aka cool pumpkin carver and motorcycle missionary!
======================================================================
Hey everyone,

Well, it's been yet another week. We were still without a car this week, making it tough to get to our area and do effective work. Then we were informed that it'll be yet another week without a car...joy.

Other than that, some great things happened this week. We visited a family in the ward, the Misners. As I was talking to Bro. Steve Misner, his little boy slipped his hand into my suit pocket and pulled something out. It was a picture of Denzel that I carry with me 24/7. So that sparked Bro. Misners interest, and we got talking about everything. 

Bro. Misner is in the military and does similar stuff with artillery as Denz did. So that night was good as we were able to talk about Denz and he was able to understand a bit. Well, after that first night visit, we stopped by their place again later in the week. As we sat and talked, Steve reminded me about Remembrance Day coming up (an equivalent to Veterans Day). He told me that he has a tradition to always have a certain someone in mind during Remembrance Day, and asked me if Denzel could be that person for this year because he'd been thinking of him all week. Of course I said yes and the night went on. But from something as simple as that, I felt so much love. Just the fact that he was thinking about Denzel and myself, made me feel so comforted that he truly cared about me. It's amazing to have felt those things, and I have such an amazing love and respect for Bro. Misner.

This week, we have continued to tech Stephanie. She is set to be baptized on November 17th. She attended church for the first time this week, and as we talked to her about it, she really just loved it. She told us how she didn't want to leave because of how good she was feeling. I love seeing the spirit work in others we deal with, and the changes that it brings.

On one of the nights we had a lesson with Stephanie, Porter Nelson (a member) came with us to the lesson and brought his daughter, Cocoa (about 2 or 3 yrs old) too. The lesson went great and as we walked back out to the car, Cocoa tripped over the curb, stumbled a few steps, then smashed her face into the bumper of the parked car. She, of course, was just crying and crying, but we got in the car to go home anyway. I sat in the back with her and thought she might like a hand to hold, so I put out my hand, and she held it. It was more like her holding my index finger, but either way it was the same. So she calmed right down, and we just held hands for the 20 minute ride home. As I rubbed her hand, she would rub mine back, and it was the cutest thing in the world. I think she may have done more for me that night than I did in comforting her...I love feeling the spirit that children have and can bring into our lives.

A few odds and ends things that happened this week:

-Halloween came and went...we weren't allowed to actually do anything on Halloween night, so we had to settle for doing it in our spare time on P-day and stuff.  (see pictures above!)

-I bought my first electric shaver...since my scruff is starting to grow in a ton more...woohoo! milestone in my life.

Well, that's it for now! Hope you all are doing well, and I love you!

Love Elder Hunt

A few side notes...I sent Elder Hunt the following email earlier this week:  
So Dal, (I mean "Elder Hunt"...)
I was outside hosing down the sidewalk (we have SOOOOO much dirt and dust from all the road construction!!) and  a lady stopped, got out of her car, and came over to talk.

Turns out her name is Susan Baker...mother of Stephanie Baker...who was on swim team...dated a guy on the swim team (can't remember his name), Stephanie is attending BYU, and she is good "friends" with your zone leader, Elder Hardy.  Better yet, Elder Hardy stopped writing so he could focus on his mission, his mom "stalked" me on Facebook, found you and your blog, and now knows more about Elder Hardy because of you.

Did you know any of that???

Love,
Mom
And his reply came back this morning:
That's pretty funny! Elder Hardy has told me quite a bit about it, so it's been pretty funny!
Soooo, Stephanie and Susan. . . Elder Hardy will be coming home the end of the month, and I'll bet he'll have some fun stories about Elder Hunt!!  You'll have to post them on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha, yes I stalked again today for pictures. My daughter (Sydney, not Stephanie) will get a kick out of this. As will Elder Hardy's parents. We have had a fun time looking for clues about Morgan. (Sydney actually wasn't on swim team but dated a boy in high school who was) I feel much better now that I confessed my stalking to you. Elder Hardy is once again writing and will most likely visit over the holidays. We will send him your way for a personal visit so he can tell you all he knows about your cute son, Elder Hunt. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete