Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas!

On the 18th we had a dinner with a family who had a little girl named Nikki.  She reminded me so much of my nice, Nikki and how much I miss her cute, perfect face!


We had our big Christmas zone conference on the 19th (Wednesday) in Halifax.  It was good to see a lot of the Elders I've developed friendships with, but also a little sad because none of the Elders that were in the MTC with me were there.  I can't wait for the day when I see them again, especially Elder Nzojibwami.  I love that man like my brothers!







At the zone conference, we had a good training by President Leavitt, then we had a "white elephant" gift exchange.


I ended up with a giant (torso size) glass dolphin!  I loved it because Erika's and my thing is dolphins.  So, kind of ironic.





Then President Leavit took us out to eat at Swiss Chalet.  We came back and had a talent show.  I played one of the songs that I wrote for the piano...everyone seemed to like it.  I played a bit on my violin as well.  I got my Christmas package from my family as well.

Being on my mission hasn't caused me to be way homesick, but I'm just realizing the true blessing that family is and how much I cherish those relationships.  I would give all the presents in the world away if it meant I could spend Christmas with my family.

President Leavitt got this cool shirt!!
I'm getting to do a bit with my music which is kind of cool because my patriarchal blessing talks about using my talents to help others show theirs as well, and I think that's what I'm doing when I accompany people.  I'm playing the piano for the song "Mary, Did You Know" and Porter Nelson is going to be singing it.  He has such a good voice, so it sound great!  I really love accompanying, and can see why my mom does it and enjoys it so much.

I had a pretty rough day on Friday.  Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged and feel like you're not doing a very good job as a missionary, and sometimes you feel very alone and lonely.  I'm glad I don't usually have those feelings.

We had lunch at the Hampsons and talked about prayer.  It's always nice to be there.

The nativity pageant put on by the church is really cool.  And it has been COLD the last few nights we've been there!  Brrrrr!!  I gave my hat to someone who forgot theirs, so I wrapped my scarf up and over my head like an Israeli woman.  I'm sure it looked pretty strange!

Well, Elder Davidson and I love seeing our Christmas packages sitting on our table and we can hardly wait to open them!  We have lots of plans for Christmas day, AND I get to skype with my family in the evening!! It will be a great day!!

That's all for now!!  Love you!

Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment