Friday, June 14, 2013

WHAT THE KNEE!?!?!?!?!

Dear Family,
On Monday we had dinner at the Hann's and their 8 year old daughter, Rebecca, asked me to sing a song with her in Sacrament Meeting.  So, in a few weeks, we're going to sing "A Child's Prayer."  She is such a sweet little girl!

And now for the part you DON'T want to hear about!!

So Tuesday we travelled to Caribou for our District Meeting, then went on exchanges.  I stayed in Caribou with Elder Dupin.  We had a good day teaching lessons and finding a couple new investigators.  In the evening we had dinner with the Judd's.  After that we taught Insia, and then had sports night at the church.  We played a bit of basketball, and I was being very careful, but I felt a big pop in my left knee.  It didn't feel like something very serious, but now my knee has really been aching a lot.  In my defense, though, we weren't playing a game or anything.  We were just taking turns shooting the ball, and when I shot, I came down on it, it twisted a little, then popped.  I can't feel any pain by pushing on any part of my knee, so that scares me a little, knowing that it's inside...
   

 On Wednesday we stayed in the apartment for the first half of the day, working on our area maps, due to my knee and the pain.  I'm have been wearing my knee brace and that helps me to get around.  We went to see Brother Boisvert later in the day and it was nice to see some horses again.
 


Later that night we had dinner with the Robertsons, then had a lesson with Storm'e.  She's been doing well, especially since she got up to bear her testimony on Sunday in church.

My knee was a little swollen on Thursday.  After doing stuff in the apartment and planning, we went to see Brother Spinney, who is a doctor at the Houlton hospital.  When we were at his home he said I need to get it checked out with an x-ray/MRI.  So we'll see how that goes.  After all of that we went to the Sides' home for dinner.  Brother Sides has an incredible BBQ and we had some really good steaks.  

I received a text from Janice saying she's been smoke-free for a week.  I asked how she has been doing it and she said she just pictures me with a cigarette hanging from my mouth and how grotesque that would look.  Then she thought how that's how it must look on her.  I thought that was a great strategy!
A piano here in Houlton

Sunday was a great day at church.  The Hann kids (Rebekah, 8 and Daniel, 6) came and sat by me.  As the meeting went on Bekah kept scooting closer and closer to me.  I started to write gospel questions on a piece of paper, and she would write her answers.  My favorite was when I asked, "Do you want to serve a mission?"  She replied, "Yes, because I want to help people and be a good person just like you. :)"
After church we had a correlation meeting with Brother Marshall and had dinner there, too.  

I've been icing my knee a lot this week.  It got really stiff on Sunday and there hasn't been much improvement.  I have a lot of mixed feelings and emotions, but the Lord has also been answering my prayers for peace, regardless of what happens.  The longer the day goes on, the worse it gets, and there are mostly sharp, sudden burning pains, while walking.  Other than that, mostly just aches and throbs while sitting.

I'm getting a priesthood blessing on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that will help.  No matter what happens, I'll keep a good attitude, right?

I love you all.  Thank you for your love and support!

Love,
Elder Hunt
(P.S.  Elder Hunt was made a district leader this week...)

No comments:

Post a Comment